As specialist accountants to the property sector, over the years we have helped our clients with much more than just preparing and certifying service charge and property accounts.
We aim to provide a holistic service that meets the needs of landlords and leaseholders alike, freeing up their time to focus on property maintenance and dealing with residents. To this end, we provide additional support to our clients in the following ways:
Company and board related matters
- Carrying out all Company Secretarial duties for limited companies ensuring all the necessary accounts and documentation are filed correctly with Companies House within the required deadlines.
- Attending board meetings and AGMs on behalf of the board to present the accounts and answer any related questions.
Tax compliance and planning
- Calculating and submitting corporation or trust tax returns.
- Liaising with HMRC on your behalf about any queries they may have and also appealing against any penalties which they may have raised.
Leases and insurance policies
- Reviewing leases to make sure the accounts are in compliance.
- Making sure reserve funds are allowed in the leases for future maintenance of the property.
- Verifying that suitable insurance cover is in place for the property(ies) including buildings, engineering, public liability, directors’ and officers’, and terrorism insurance.
General compliance matters
- While we do not hold any client monies within MJP Accountants LLP, we can advise on how these need to be ring-fenced in designated bank accounts.
- Preparing annual service charge accounts from the books and records.
- Carrying out an independent accountant examination of the service charge accounts and certifying whether the accounts have been prepared in accordance with the books and records.
As members of the ICAEW and ARMA we uphold the highest possible standards when carrying out our work. This means our clients can have total confidence in the financial statements that we produce for them.
A summary of the services we provide can be found here.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of the services we provide, please do get in touch. You can contact John Dwyer, Managing Partner, on 01803 321221 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.